September 16, 2015 In COOKING
- 120 grams egg (room temperature)
- 60 grams unsalted butter
- 100 grams all purpose flour
- 50 grams granulated sugar
- 100 grams banana, very ripe
- 8cm X 17cm X 6cm loaf pan
- Parchment paper
- Large bowl
- Whisk or fork, if making by hand
- Stand mixer or hand mixer, if not making by hand
- Preheated oven to 350°F degrees.
- Line the loaf pan with parchment, letting the excess hang over the sides. Spray the inside with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sift the all purpose flour.
- Melt the butter in the microwave or over low heat on the stovetop.
- Whisk together the melted butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until combined.
- Crack the eggs into the bowl. Whisk until completely combined and the mixture is smooth.
- Peel the bananas and add them to the bowl. Using the end of the whisk or a dinner fork, mash them into the batter. Leave the bananas as chunky or as smooth as you prefer. If you prefer an entirely smooth banana bread, mash the bananas separately until no more lumps remain, and then whisk them into the batter.
- Measure the flour, into the bowl. Switch to using a spatula and gently stir until the ingredients are just barely combined and no more dry flour is visible.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan using the spatula to scrape all the batter from the bowl. Smooth the top of the batter.
- Tap on the table a few times to release air from the batter.
- Baking 12 minutes, the along the center line of the cake with a knife, then put it back in the oven to continue baking 28-30 minutes.
- A tooth pick or cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let the bread completely cool, and to tear the paper, cut into pieces and ready to serve.